The Entrepreneur of the Year Award (EOY) is an annual event that celebrates the spirit of entrepreneurship in India. The award is organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and recognizes the achievements of business leaders and entrepreneurs who have made significant contributions to the Indian economy.
This year, the CII has announced the 12 finalists for the 2022 Entrepreneur of the Year Awards in India. The finalists have been selected from a pool of over 250 entries, based on their business performance, innovation, and leadership skills.
The 12 finalists include:
1. Rajiv Bajaj: The Managing Director of Bajaj Auto Ltd. Bajaj has been instrumental in leading the company’s growth in the domestic and international markets.
2. Binny Bansal: The founder and CEO of Flipkart, India’s leading e-commerce platform. Bansal has been at the forefront of transforming the e-commerce industry in India.
3. Amit Burman: The Chairman and founder of Dabur India Ltd. Burman has led the company to become one of the most successful FMCG brands in India.
4. Sandeep Aggarwal: The founder and CEO of Shopclues, an online platform for e-commerce. Aggarwal has been credited for revolutionizing India’s e-commerce space.
5. Ritesh Agarwal: The founder and CEO of OYO, India’s largest hospitality chain. Agarwal has been instrumental in changing the hospitality industry in India.
6. Pranay Chulet: The founder and CEO of Quikr, India’s leading classifieds platform. Chalet has been credited for introducing the concept of online classifieds to the Indian market.
7. Kunal Bahl: The co-founder and CEO of Snapdeal, India’s largest e-commerce platform. Bahl has been credited for transforming the online retail space in India.
8. Naveen Tewari: The founder and CEO of InMobi, India’s leading mobile marketing company. Tewari has been credited for introducing the concept of mobile advertising to the Indian market.
9. Sachin Bansal: The co-founder and CEO of Flipkart. Bansal has been credited with revolutionizing the e-commerce industry in India.
10. Ajay Relan: The founder and CEO of Cred, India’s leading credit card issuer. Relan has been credited for transforming the credit card industry in India.
11. Anand Mahindra: The Chairman and Managing Director of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. Mahindra has been at the forefront of leading the company’s growth in the domestic and international markets.
12. N. R. Narayana Murthy: The co-founder of Infosys. Murthy has been credited with transforming the Indian IT industry.
The EOY Awards are an opportunity to recognize the remarkable achievements of entrepreneurs and business leaders in India. The CII is proud to announce the 12 finalists for this year’s awards. These entrepreneurs have made a significant contribution to the Indian economy and the award is a way of acknowledging their efforts. The CII will announce the winner of the 2022 EOY Award in the coming months.